These are five tips for you to improve your English faster
1. Listening skills. Try TED talks for an excellent way to hear many accents and to learn some really interesting stuff. www.ted.com. You can also try contents produced by Ray Willian Johnson like http://www.youtube.com/user/RayWilliamJohnson
2. Chat. There is nothing more important than clocking up the hours chatting in English. One good way is to find a friendly café and sit there chatting with the barman / waitress. If you go when it’s not busy then you should find they are happy to chat. Price? A cup of coffee!
3. TV. Find the programs that you enjoy and make time every day to watch Australian TV. Even if you cannot understand it all, it will help you to learn about Australia and you will improve your comprehension over time.
4. Write a daily diary / blog. This is a great discipline. If you can get a native English speaker to check it for mistakes…even better.
5. Read a book you know, but in English. If you understand the basic story then you will find it easier to follow.
And now…what are you waiting?? Just start! 🙂