The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) preparation course is designed for those who wish to obtain an internationally recognized certificate. The IELTS certificate is recognized by the Australian Government for migration issues and a prerequisite for those who wish to engage in higher education or professional pathways.
The IETLS exam includes 4 test bands: reading comprehension, writing, listening and speaking. The preparation course aims to enhance language competencies in order to achieve the highest score on the exam. Skills developed are vocabulary, reading, writing and speaking.
Cours de préparation à l’IELTS
The course prepares for the test and requires an intermediate entry level of English. For those who wish to enroll in an IELTS course, a pre-entry test is usually required followed by another test on the course start date. Schools must assess individual language skills prior to course beginning.
The IELTS exam score system ranges from 0 to 9. The course is divided in two classes: intermediate and advanced.
- The Generic Module is the traditional IELTS exam for those who require a certificate for curricula purposes, migration requirements (sponsorship or skilled migration) or for admittance to vocational courses (average minimum score 5.5).
- The Academic Module is a more complex IELTS exam for those who need to meet academic entry requirements. The minimum score is usually 6.5.
IELTS Preparation courses:
- IELTS prep courses are scheduled on 10 – 12 weeks modules but can be tailored depending on requirements and needs
- IELTS prep course have a weekly intake every Monday and are scheduled to be either day or evening classes
- The IELTS exam can be taken at anytime, not necessarily at the end of the course. Exams are held all over the world on scheduled dates; anyone can sit the IELTS exam at these scheduled times.
- The IELTS certificate is equivalent to TOEFL (more common in North America)
- Both certificates are valid for two years (for migration purposes, IELTS – General is valid three years)