The AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course covers the following key elements:
- Understanding COVID-19 and venue restrictions;
- Reporting personal health issues;
- Maintaining personal and work environment hygiene practices, specific to COVID-19;
- Reducing cross-contamination through procedures, specific to COVID-19; and
- Effective cleaning and sanitising practices, specific to COVID-19
The course is two-tiered, with all staff required to successfully complete the first component, and managers and supervisors required to complete the second, more advanced aspect.
Every venue must have a staff member with the more advanced accreditation on shift at all times, as the venue’s dedicated hygiene officer.
Businesses will also have to display signage that the venue is compliant with all conditions.
Staff will receive a certificate of completion, a badge and wallet card which contains prompters of the key learning outcomes from the course.
Venues will receive a certificate of participation, front and back of house posters, a door sticker and bar and table ‘talkers’.
Western Australia’s 70,000 hospitality workers are encouraged to study the Tier 1 course material and complete the assessment now at http://www.hospitalityhygiene.com/
Study the Tier 1 course material and complete the assessment now at http://www.hospitalityhygiene.com/