Go Study Australia

Why migrate to Western Australia?

The Western Australian Government released its Graduate Occupation List for 2020 and beyond.


If you study at an approved Western Australian university or college for at least 2 years, full time – you may be eligible for a Permanent residency Pathway.

This is a good reason to migrate to Western Australia if you still didn’t plan it. Applicants who have a nominated occupation identified on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL) or Graduate occupation list (GOL) may be eligible for Western Australian State nomination (a pathway to Permanent Residency) using one of the following visa subclasses:

1. Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190); or

2. Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491). 


  1. A minimum of 65 points.
  2. Have studied at least 2 years of full-time study in Western Australia.
  3. You have at least 6 months of paid work experience in the nominated occupation in the last 5 years for at least 20 hours per week.
  4. You have a full-time contract in the nominated position that is for at least 6 months.


If you are using work experience to meet this requirement, you must show at least six months of Australian work experience within the last five years, in your nominated (or closely related) occupation. You will need to include the details of your work experience in your expression of interest in SkillSelect.

Work experience must be:

  • gained post-qualification;
  • in paid employment;
  • for at least 20 hours per week in the nominated (or closely related) occupation; and
  • for tasks that correspond with the ANZSCO descriptor for the nominated (or closely related) occupation.

A professional year or work placement is considered work experience if it is a paid position and undertaken post qualification.

Further evidence of work experience may be requested during the application process.


If you are providing a (minimum) 6-month contract of employment in Western Australia, it must:

  • Have at least six months remaining from the date of your application for State nomination. If you have not yet started working, your start date must be within three months of your application;
  • Be in your nominated (or closely related) occupation;
  • Be for full time employment (at least an average of 35 hours per week) in Western Australia. You can have two employment contracts to make up 35 hours. 

According to the WA migration Website:

Before deciding to migrate to Western Australia, you can check the most valuable jobs for a permanent residency pathway.

Go Study Australia can help you enrol at any of these colleges – so contact us today and let’s get your study plan underway.

Talk to us at Go Study Australia, and we will ensure you the best course of study, and prices to meet your requirements. We can also help you find great scholarships.

At least two years study in Western Australia

You must have studied at an accredited Western Australian educational institution, full-time and face-to-face, for at least two years. You can use study from different qualifications to make up the two years. This can include university/higher education; VET (Certificate III level); and/or English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS). This is two years living and studying in Western Australia. That’s why migrating to Western Australia might be a very good idea.


The university or higher education provider must be:

You must include the address and postcode for the university or campus where you completed your study in your Expression of Interest.

Currently, approved universities with a Western Australian campus are:

  • Central Queensland University
  • Curtin University
  • Edith Cowan University
  • Murdoch University
  • Southern Cross University
  • University of Notre Dame Australia; and
  • University of Western Australia.

2019/20 Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (Click to see the full list)

  • Audiologist
  • Gastroenterologist
  • General Practitioner
  • Midwife
  • Neurosurgeon
  • Obstetrician and Gynecologist
  • Orthotist
  • Otorhinolaryngologist
  • Psychiatrist
  • Radiation Oncologist
  • Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
  • Registered Nurse (Community Health)
  • Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
  • Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
  • Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
  • Rheumatologist
  • Sonographer
  • Vascular Surgeon

2019/20 Graduate Occupation List (Click to see the full list)

  • Accountant (General)
  • Airplane Pilot
  • Aeronautical Engineer
  • Agricultural Consultant
  • Agricultural Engineer
  • Agricultural Scientist
  • Agricultural Technician
  • Anesthetic Technician
  • Architect
  • Audiologist
  • Baker
  • Barrister
  • Beef Cattle Farmer
  • Biomedical Engineer
  • Biotechnologist
  • Building Inspector
  • Café or Restaurant Manager
  • Chef
  • Chemical Engineer
  • Chemist
  • Civil Engineer
  • Civil Engineering Draftsperson
  • Civil Engineering Technician
  • Clinical Psychologist
  • Commodities Trader
  • Community Worker
  • Computer Network and Systems Engineer
  • Conference and Event Organizer
  • Construction Project Manager
  • Dairy Cattle Farmer
  • Dental Specialist
  • Developer Programmer
  • Disabilities Service Officer
  • Drainer
  • Drug and Alcohol Counselor
  • Early Childhood (Pre-Primary School) Teacher
  • Educational Psychologist
  • Electrical Engineer
  • Electrical Engineering Drafts person
  • Electrical Engineering Technician
  • Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)
  • Electronics Engineer
  • Emergency Service Worker
  • Engineering Manager
  • Environmental Engineer
  • Environmental Health Officer
  • Environmental Manager
  • Farrier
  • Finance Broker
  • Financial Brokers (NEC)
  • Financial Dealers (NEC)
  • Financial Investment Adviser
  • Financial Investment Manager
  • Finance Manager
  • Financial Market Dealer
  • Flying Instructor
  • Funeral Workers (NEC)
  • Geologist
  • Geophysicist
  • Geotechnical Engineer
  • Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower (Aus)/Field Crop Grower (NZ)
  • Helicopter Pilot
  • Hospital Pharmacist
  • Horse Trainer
  • Hotel or Motel Manager
  • Human Resource Manager
  • Hydrogeologist
  • ICT Project Manager
  • ICT Security Specialist
  • Industrial Engineer
  • Industrial Pharmacist
  • Insurance Broker
  • Interpreter
  • Maintenance Planner
  • Management Accountant
  • Materials Engineer
  • Meat Inspector
  • Mechanical Engineer
  • Medical Administrator
  • Medical Laboratory Scientist
  • Medical Radiation Therapist
  • Medical Technicians (NEC)
  • Metallurgist
  • Mine Deputy
  • Mining Engineer (excluding petroleum)
  • Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer
  • Mixed Crop Farmer
  • Mixed Livestock Farmer
  • Naval Architect
  • Network Administrator
  • Network Analyst
  • Nuclear Medicine Technologist
  • Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
  • Operating Theatre Technician
  • Optometrist
  • Orthotist
  • Orthotist or Prosthetist
  • Osteopath
  • Petroleum Engineer
  • Pharmacy Technician
  • Podiatrist
  • Primary School Teacher
  • Production or Plant Engineer
  • Project Builder
  • Psychologists (NEC)
  • Quantity Surveyor
  • Rehabilitation Counsellor
  • Research and Development Manager
  • Resident Medical Officer
  • Residential Care Officer
  • School Principal
  • Secondary School Teacher
  • Sheep Farmer
  • Ship’s Master
  • Social Worker
  • Software Engineer
  • Solicitor
  • Special Needs Teacher
  • Stockbroking Dealer
  • Structural Engineer
  • Supply and Distribution Manager
  • Surveyor
  • Taxation Accountant
  • Teacher of the Hearing Impaired
  • Teacher of the Sight Impaired
  • Telecommunications Engineer
  • Telecommunications Linesworker
  • Telecommunications Network Engineer
  • Translator
  • Transport Engineer
  • Urban and Regional Planner
  • Veterinarian
  • Veterinary Nurse
  • Vocational Education Teacher
  • Welfare Worker
  • Youth Worker