Go Study Australia

Please read the following FAQ carefully

Go Study Australia is THE Australian expert, and your best source of help for your Aussie adventure. If you do not find an answer to your question, feel free to contact us directly.

Is there an age limit for a Working Holiday application?

The Australian Working Holiday visa is open to applicants aged between 18 and 30. Citizens of Canada, France or Ireland are eligible until the age of 35.  From July 1, 2022, Italian nationals will have their age limit raised to 35. 

Great, I got one! Now I want more…(second and third working holiday)

You can apply for a second and even a third WHV by doing ‘specified work’ in regional Australia during each visa. This includes farm work. Our Offices in Australia can provide support on how to look for farms and how to apply for your second and third working holiday visa.

What kind of work should I expect?

The most popular jobs for working holiday markets in Australia include waitressing, bartending, construction, labouring, shop work, hostel work, hotel work, housekeeping, sales, promotions and tourism. Many working holiday makers take on-farm work or fruit picking to meet the requirements to take on a 2nd or 3rd working holiday visa.

How long does it take to receive my Working Holiday?

If you are ready to get started, Go Study will support you throughout your application process. We will forward to you the instructions on how to finalize your WH application within 3 working days from the time you send us all the requested information. It’s a promise!

From the time you submit your application, it usually takes a few days to receive the grant letter, but it may take up to 60 days on some occasions. We encourage you to apply for the WHV as soon as you are sure you want to leave for Australia.

Who is responsible for my Working Holiday Visa application and processing?

Go Study Australia is responsible for providing you with clerical support while preparing your visa application, but we are not responsible for any delay or for the final outcome of your Working Holiday Visa application. 

The Working Holiday Visa application is processed by the Department of Home Affairs – Australian Government.

What is clerical visa application support?

GO STUDY Australia is a student and WHV travellers education agency and, as such, we are permitted to do the following with regards to your Working Holiday Visa application:

  • Undertake clerical work to prepare (or help prepare) an application or other documents
  • Provide translation or interpretation services to help prepare an application or other documents
  • Advising a person that they must apply for a visa
  • Pass on information produced by a third person, without giving substantial comment or explanation.

While we provide clerical support with your enrolment and Student Visa application, we are NOT authorised to give immigration assistance.

If you have questions about immigration, we recommend that you either speak with the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs – Immigration and citizenship (DOHA), or with a registered migration agent (who will usually charge you a high fee for their services).

Can I apply for a Working Holiday Visa while I am in Australia?

No, you cannot, unfortunately. You will have to be outside Australia when we apply.

Is it easy to get a job in Australia?

The answer is yes. There has never been a better time to work in Australia. Unemployment rates are at an all-time low, wages are higher than ever, and employers are desperate for employees.  As Australia recovers from the Covid disaster, businesses can’t find enough staff to keep up with demand from customers.  The Tourism and hospitality industry are hiring staff often without an interview as they are so desperate.

Go Study will provide you with resources and support to find numerous jobs.  We have weekly jobs boards and special relationships with employers who advertise throughout the community. 

Will Go Study find me a job in Australia?

Go Study will provide you with incredible resources to find a job, but securing the job is up to you.

For instance, we can guarantee an introduction to the HR department of Accor Hotels (a prominent hotel chain with 400+ hotels)  upon your arrival in Australia as we have a special agreement to supply them with new arrivals looking for work in Australia. 

On top of that our dedicated staff onshore will assist you in finding a job through weekly job support sessions, and jobs newsletters.

Can I find a job before going to Australia?

Yes, it’s possible! Some employers are willing to consider offering jobs to those offshore as they are desperate to secure staff. All you need to do is reach out to potential employers with a professional email and CV, or phone them from offshore to begin the conversations.

However, it’s much easier to secure a job when you are in Australia, as you can present yourself for a face to face interview.   We suggest using our special Accor Hotels partnership to register for an interview the moment you arrive.   All Go Study clients will get access to this opportunity.

How much would I be paid?

The minimum hourly rate in Australia is 20.33 AUD, one of the highest in the world. You can work unlimited hours, so we can make lots of $$$. Many roles pay significantly higher than this rate, as it depends on your employee and your skillset. 

Do I need a private health cover?

British and Irish citizens are covered by Medicare at no extra cost thanks to the reciprocal health care agreements. If you require extra insurance, just let us know, we can help you sort one out before your departure.

Can I leave and enter Australia while on a Working Holiday?

Yes, you can travel unlimited times.

Where can I find more information about the Working Holiday?

If you are looking for specific information about the visa application, we suggest you check the Department of Home Affairs website.

How long does my visa last?

12 months from the moment you land in Australia.

How do I pay for my Visa?

You will pay by debit or credit card directly on the DOHA website.

How do I know if my visa is granted?

You will receive an email with the subject “IMMI Grant Notification”.

Where can I go with the Working Holiday Visa?

You can spend your Working Holiday Visa anywhere in Australia. We suggest you arrive in one of the major cities so you can take advantage of our local offices.

What if I am already in Australia?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply for your first working holiday visa from inside the Australian territory.

What if I want to upgrade my ‘Work and Explore’, or ‘By your Side’ support package?

You can! Just contact one of our staff members. Remember we need three months’ notice to book accommodation on your behalf.

How does it work with the accommodation?

We will book your accommodation as soon as we receive the funds from you, and your desired travel dates. We need at least three months’ notice to guarantee your choice.

For the PLATINUM Option: you will receive your address and indication on the airport pickup about two weeks before your arrival date.

Is the Working Holiday visa fee included in the package?

No, it is not. You will pay by debit or credit card directly on the DOHA website.

Are the packages available for 2nd or/and 3rd WHV?

At this stage, we can only apply for the first working Holiday Visa.

What If I don’t have $5,000 AUD funds for my Working Holiday Visa?

The Australian Government requires evidence that you can support yourself while you are in Australia. You will need to show this evidence when you apply for your visa.  If you don’t have the funds in your account, you can show your parent’s bank account, together with a short declaration stating they can support you in case you need financial help. We suggest contacting us for further information.

Go back to the packs page!