Tax system in Australia

When you work in Australia, your employer is required to withhold taxes from your salary and pay it to the ATO (Australian Taxation Office). The amount deducted from your paycheck is usually between 13% and 32.5% and mainly depends on your job (part-time, full-time, casual) and your visa.

The good news is that in most cases, the temporary visa holders such as Working Holiday Visa and Student Visa are entitled to claim a refund for these taxes at the end of the fiscal year (June 30) or when you leave Australia.


Superannuation is a retirement fund. It’s designed for Australian citizens and residents who live and work in Australia permanently. Each time you receive a payslip, the equivalent of about 10% of your pay is deposited on a special bank account you need to open yourself at your arrival in Australia.

It’s like a savings account which builds to a significant amount over the life of person’s employment and can be accessed at retirement, generally at 65+ years of age.

If you do not plan on getting Australian permanent residency or citizenship, you can claim this money back when you leave Australia.

How to claim your Tax Returns

Need help with your tax returns or superannuation? Go Study partnered with Aussie Tax Returns to offer you a special rate of just $80 to get your taxes sorted and cash back in your pocket.

On average, a student visa or Working Holiday visa holder get a $2800 refund!

Aussie Tax Returns is specialised in helping visa-holders get the most out of their Aussie adventure, with easy tax and super refunds deposited into any bank account worldwide.

They are a team of financial experts that know the Aussie tax system inside-out. They make sure you get the maximum legal tax refund that you’re entitled to, and can deposit it into any bank account worldwide.

Getting your tax refund can be a hassle – but not if you get Aussie Tax Returns to do all the hard work for you: Applying is quick and easy and we’ll keep you updated every step of the way.

Why use Aussie Tax Returns?

Maximum legal returns

No upfront fees

Experienced Aussie Tax Agents

Contact them TODAY!

To benefit from Aussie Tax Returns help and Go Study special fees, follow the steps:

  1. Contact Aussie Tax Returns
  2. Make sure the promotion code “Go Study” is written in the field “Store”