Go Study Australia

“We’ve been living in Perth for one year now…. We feel like home! One advice for you; the one who never tries will never get anything (No pain, no gain, as we say).”

Siegfried and his family felt the need to go live abroad and Perth was their go-to destination!

Originally from Saone-et-Loire in France, Siegfried really needed to change environment and change life. He thought Australia would be the best place for his family to start from scratch, for his children to grow up in a beautiful and relaxed atmosphere! Living in Perth has given them a sense of fulfilment, as it was the right decision for them to make.

Siegfried and his family shared their experience with us!

Hello, what’s your name and how old are you?

Hello, my name is Siegfried and I’m 33 years old.

Why have you decided to move to Australia and what were your first impressions when you arrived?

“Why Australia…well, why not? Just a big dream: leaving France with all these political issues and its constantly depressing news, for this beautiful country and these beautiful beaches, the sea, the good weather and a better future for my children. 

When we first arrived here, we felt lost and realised that all our lives were in our suitcases.

Looking back, I think it was a good choice because the moments we live here will always be remembered, we enjoy much more of our children and share very good time.”

What are you doing in Australia? How do you spend your days?

Work, children and outdoor activities. The week goes too fast and so weekends do. There are so many different activities here in Perth: going to the park with children, having a BBQ, enjoying the beach and of course, take a walk along the Swan River bank. 

What do you think are the biggest differences between Australia and France?

Australians are friendly people and they know how to enjoy life. Living in Western Australia is so easy: no tolls, no roadworthiness tests, no car registration documents.

What do you miss the most from your life back in France? And, on the other hand, what don’t you miss at all  

Family, friends and French food are what I miss the most. But I can easily live without bad weather, people complaining and that pessimism on tv news.

How did you hear about GO STUDY?

What? Everybody knows Benjamin! Well, I found GO STUDY just surfing on the net. 

How was your contact with GO STUDY (advisor, appointment, travel planning, support, etc.)?

I don’t want to flatter him, but Benjamin was a precious help. I don’t think anyone could have done better. He took care of everything, even my daughter’s enrolment at school. I thank him again for his professionalism and his time.

Would you recommend GO STUDY?

Yes, I’ve even done it several times already!

What advice would you give to those who want to come to Australia?

Coming to Australia is not a decision to be made on a whim!

Why? Australia is far, very far away from France which means that you must be ready to stop seeing your family and friends. Then you need to have the necessary budget: I moved to Australia with my wife and my two children (just like the Imbert family) and as a bonus we brought our dog which cost a lot of money.

Otherwise it’s a perfect country for those who love nature, wildlife, beaches and the sun, and for all those who want to take the time to live. Here you really have the impression that everything works in slow motion, which it’s not that bad.

We’ve been living in Perth for one year now…. We feel like home!

One advice for you: the one who never tries will never get anything (No pain, no gain, as we say).”