Why you should study a Food and Culinary Art Course
- Work as a chef or retail baker.
- Learn how a kitchen operates, skills in food preparation and food and hygiene safety.
- Part-time employment is common in this industry, making it ideal for students.
- Possible permanent residency outcomes.
Potential careers and salaries upon completion of course:
- Baker: $50,543 – $59,767* per year.
- Pastry Chef: $50,809 – $66,045* per year.
- Head Chef: $62,864 – $81,652* per year.
*salaries taken from payscale.com
- General: minimum 18 years of age
- Academics: Qualification equivalent or higher than Australian Year 12 (4th higher)
- Language: IELTS certified (average score 5.5) or equivalent
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IIII in Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Culinary Management