Go Study Australia
Please note that the immigration legislation is changing quickly and GO STUDY is not authorised to give immigration assistance. We are working to ensure our blog article content up-to-date to assure you get the right information. If you need more info, feel free to contact GO STUDY Australia via australia@gostudy.com.au so we can put you in contact with a migration agent or visit the Australian Immigration website.

Every year thousands of young Europeans embrace the Australian adventure.

Whilst a majority prefer to return home after their Working Holiday Visa expires, an increasing number chooses to extend their stay Down Under for a few months, years or settle permanently.

Has your first Working Holiday visa come to an end and you wish to stay longer? You can easily extend your stay in Australia.

You can renew your WHV for 1 year.

To apply for a second WHV you must:

  • Have completed 88 days of work in specific areas* during your first WHV
  • Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of the second WHV application
  • Apply for the second WHV within 12 months prior to arrival in Australia (unless already in Australia)
  • Be in Australia when WHV is granted (if applied from onshore)
  • Be outside Australia when WHV is granted (if applied from offshore)
  • Must be under 31 years old
  • Must have undertaken 3 months of farm work
WHAT CAN GO STUDY DO FOR YOU Go Study can advise on farm work offers, websites and share experiences.

WARNING: Voluntary farm work is no longer eligible to apply for a second WHV. Please contact us for more information.

* Work must be undertaken in specific regional areas, please visit: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/postcodes.html

A Student visa allows you to study and work in Australia for the period of time that corresponds to your chosen course (plus an extra period after the course--depending on the duration of your course). You can apply for a long or short term visa with no age limitation! You can also include a partner on your visa.

You can apply online for a Student visa: up to 3 months before the beginning of the course or up to 4 months if applied outside Australia.

If you study for a minimum of 2 years at a Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree level you are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Visa with unlimited working rights for a 2-year period. Contact us for a free consultation to find out more.

DURATION The duration of your course


  • Must be over 16 years old
  • Must be enrolled in a CRICOS-registered institution in Australia


Go Study can advise on the courses and schools that best suit your needs. Go Study will guide you through every step from choosing the right course up until enrollment procedures.

In order to get a Working Visa, you need to be sponsored by a company.

To increase your chances of being sponsored, you must:

  • Certify your level of English by passing IELTS
  • Work for a company eligible to sponsor and familiar with the process
  • Have professional experience, in Australia is a net advantage!

Don’t limit yourself to the main cities Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Your chances will increase tenfold if you seek employment in regional areas.

Working visa required a proof of your English level (as IELTS test) and to have experience in a highly demanded sector in Australia.

DURATION Depending on the terms of your contract

RESTRICTIONS We advise you to book a consultation with an accredited Migration Agent to discuss your specific situation.


Go Study will assist you to pass an English test in order to certify your English level.

Do you lack experience or do not have the right qualifications to find a sponsor in Australia? Go Study offers professional training that may increase your chances to find a sponsorship.