TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages) is a professional course for those who wish to become English teachers or for those who already teach English and need a diploma recognized for practice at an international level.
This course qualifies those whose English is not their native language to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Tesol and Celta
Tesol courses are offered in different modules :
● English for Teaching Children: dedicated to teaching English to under 10 years of age. The admission to this course requires at least an Intermediate level of English.
● English for Teaching Young Adults: dedicated to teaching English to under 18 years of age. The admission to this course requires an Intermediate level of English.
● English for TESOL and Certificate IV in TESOL: an Upper Intermediate level of English is preferred to be admitted to this course which focuses on teaching techniques and necessary competencies to teach English to adults. Certificate IV in TESOL qualifies to teach English in Australia as a second or foreign language. This course has specific intake dates and delivered within a fixed schedule.
CELTA and DELTA
CELTA and DELTA are the most advanced teacher training qualifications for teaching English as a second or foreign language.
These are ‘hands on’ courses offering a solid foundation for future teachers or advanced training for experienced teachers. CELTA and DELTA demand a near to native level of English.
1. CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the first level for teachers who already have professional experience and an adequate level of English.
2. DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a further level for teachers who already have experienced a substantial number of teaching hours and who wish to improve their competencies or further their career.
It is compulsory to pass CELTA before commencing DELTA. CELTA and DELTA are two internationally recognized Cambridge courses. These courses have set intake dates.