Working Holiday Visa Australia

A Working Holiday Visa is the best chance to travel, study and work, and make the most of every opportunity Australia can offer. Australian Working Holiday Visa is becoming always more popular as a real, unique life experience among worldwide travellers.
Visa is available upon request up to age 30 (eligibility ends at 31th year)
The Working Holiday Visa gives the opportunity to live for a year in Australia, study (up to maximum 17 weeks), work full time and have fun. Generally working holiday travellers merge vacation and work: they decide to start their adventure in a big city like Sydney or Melbourne and study English for a few months, working and making new friends. Then they leave to discover Australia nature and wildness.

What is Working Holiday Visa?

Working Holiday Visa comes from Australia international agreements with some specific countries. Its main purpose is to encourage tourism and cultural exchange among the involved countries.
This visa allows you to work for a year under the same conditions as Australian nationals, and finance your life – and possibly your holidays – in the land Down Under.

Working Holiday Visa Restrictions

  • Age: the visa is granted only between 18 and 30 years (you can apply for a visa before the completion of the 31st year).
  • Duration: a one year visa. From the moment you get the visa you have a year to enter Australia. Then your WH visa year begins when you enter the Australian territory. You can freely enter and leave the country during your working holiday.
  • Renewable: Working Holiday can be required only once in life and can be renewed once. (see below)
  • Jobs: this visa allows you to work full time. You cannot work more than 6 months for the same employer.
  • Study: this visa allows you to study up to a maximum of 17 weeks. You can only attend language courses, not vocational or university courses (they last longer than 17 weeks).
  • Health Insurance: Visa offers free coverage for the first 6 months in Australia. You can call our offices in Australia to extend coverage.
  • Passport: To apply for a visa you must have a valid passport of the following nationalities: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malta, Norway, The Netherlands , United Kingdom, Sweden, Taiwan.

How to apply for a Working Holiday Visa for Australia?

Visa can required on the Australian Department of Immigration website ( It’s usually very quick.

How much does an Australian Working Holiday Visa costs?

Visa costs 420 Australian dollars, payable by credit card directly on the Australian immigration website during request.

What jobs can I do with this visa?

There is virtually no limit employment possibilities during your working holiday. Most common jobs are hospitality ones (bars, restaurants, cafes etc. ..), but many students also work in IT, finance, health, education, etc..
See our Work section to find out all info!

I did the Working Holiday Visa. Do I need something else to work in Australia?

Yes, the first thing to do is to ask for a Tax File Number (TFN, the Australian tax code) which offers you the possibility to work legally and be paid for your work. At the end of the fiscal year (June) you can get a refund of your TFN paid contributions.
You should then open a bank account to manage your money, receive salary and withdraw (no commissions). In our offices we can help you open a bank account for free.
You can request a TFN online at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO, entering your data, passport number and address in Australia where your TFN will be sent (free of charge).
You can also request the Australian Business Number (ABN, similar to Italian VAT) that allows you to work on your own and be paid by hour. You can request an ABN online always on the ATO website.
TFN and ABN request is free.

Can I renew my Working Holiday Visa?

Working Holiday Visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months. The first Working Holiday Visa can only be required from outside Australia. This yearly visa starts from the moment you enter Australia, and allows you to enter and exit the country without any limitation.

If you want to extend your stay, there are two options:
• Require a second working holiday: During your first year you should have worked work at least 88 days in the primary sector to request a second WH visa.
• require a Student Visa.

How to Get a Second Working Holiday Visa

You can renew your Working Holiday Visa for another year if you worked 88 days in the primarysector (eg agriculture, livestock, work in the mines) during your first visa in rural Australia farms (Regional Areas)

These Rural areas are distant from major cities and are identified by specific zip codes.

Check out some Rural area work info in our Farm Jobs page.

You don’t have to exit Australia to apply for a second Whv
To apply for a second Working Holiday Visa you must:
• Have completed 88 days of work in specific regional areas * during your first Working Holiday;
• Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of second visa application **;
• Request second visa no more than 12 months before your arrival in Australia (unless you already are in Australia);
• be in Australia when the visa is granted, if you request from Australia;
• be outside Australia when the visa is granted if the request is made outside Australia;

* The work must be done in eligible regional areas. Find them out at the following link:
**You must be under 31 to you require a WH visa.

Still doubts? Contact Usand start your australian Adventure!

Working Holiday Australia