The childcare industry is booming. Statistics have shown that more women are working nowadays which lead to an increase in the demand for childcare facilities. This growth led to a higher demand for childcare workers, and therefore now is the best time ever to work in childcare.
Working in childcare as an international student is one of the best things to do if you love children since you will contribute to the personal growth of children. As a childcare worker, you have a large influence on the development of children, and you can easily see the results of your hard-working.
Become a childcare worker
To work as a childcare worker there are a few requirements:
- You need to have a certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate IV in school-age education and care or a diploma in early childhood education and care. Talk to us at Go study for recommendations on the best colleges around Australia.
- A Working with children check.
- Recommended: Study a first aid training.
Studying childcare in Australia is the best way to develop yourself as a potential childcare worker. As an international student, it is also a good way to work in an international environment and to improve your English skills.
Since the demand for childcare in Australia is so high, studying childcare in Australia is also a benefit in your immigration process to stay longer in this beautiful country. This is not immigration advice, for more information about immigration please contact Go study so we can help you further.
The duration of the course is about 39- 45 weeks and the costs are around $AU 7,000.
The average salary of a Childcare worker in Australia is $50,000 a year.
The job placement after finishing the childcare course is extremely high; 90% of all the students have found a job immediately after finishing the study. Go study has an amazing offer which guaranteed a stay of up to 24 months for really low costs. Sounds amazing right?
Benefits of studying a course in childcare
To sum up, here are some amazing benefits of studying a course in childcare:
- It will give you all the skills and knowledge you need to work with children and to implement your own early childhood program since you will learn to understand the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of children.
- Studying childcare in Australia will improve your language skills as well.
- Besides the study, you will also gain a lot of practical experience.
- Working as a childcare worker will make it easier to get a permanent residency since it is even included on the skilled worker’s list for 457 visas.
Working in childcare can make it easier to obtain permanent residency (PR), because of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and the high demand for childcare professionals around the country. For more information, please contact Go study and we will connect you to a migration professional.
Requirements and soft skills for studying a childcare course
There are some requirements for studying a childcare course:
- You need to have a work visa (student visa or working holiday visa are both fines). We can give you all the information needed for getting a work visa.
- You need to pass IELTS with a score of 5.5/ 6.5. But don’t get stressed out because your English is not fluently. We can help you with the process or you can study an English course before you start your vocational course.
It is also important that you have some soft skills to make sure you will enjoy this career:
- You are able to work in a team.
- You love kids and are able to level with their parents as well.
- Have initiative and a positive attitude- after all you are looking after and inspiring children.
- You need to take responsibility and have some patience with the kids.
Getting excited after reading this blog? We would love to help you further in this process. We can take care of everything for you and can answer all your questions. Studying a childcare course will open a lot of doors for you!
Don’t hesitate to contact us, because we are very excited to help you with becoming a childcare worker!