What are the benefits of studying a fitness course in Australia?
- YOU GET PAID TO BE FIT – No more boring office work: Exercising will be part of your daily routine, and staying lean and healthy are automatic side effects of your work as a fitness trainer.
- GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITIES – Having a fitness degree enables you to work as a well paid personal trainer or fitness instructor. Next to that, you can expand your knowledge and educate yourself in other health-related areas like massage therapy or dietetics.
- FLEXIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT – Whether you like to train outdoors or you prefer to hit the gym with your clients – the possibilities are endless.
- EASY TIME MANAGEMENT – You can work full-time, part-time, self-employed or on a contract. This allows you to have a great work-life balance.
- TAKE YOUR CAREER ANYWHERE – Great news for all globetrotters: As a qualified fitness expert, you can work all around the world.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE – As a fitness coach, you can inspire and help people to reach their individual goals, so they become their best version of themselves. What a rewarding feeling!
Staying longer in Australia!
Would you like to stay longer in Australia? The best way to do so and enjoy the Aussie lifestyle is by studying a course. As mentioned above, we think that studying fitness in Sydney is the perfect way to stay longer in Australia. If you decide to apply, you will get a student visa for the entire duration of your course. Then, after you complete your fitness studies, you might even have the opportunity to expand your time in Australia, especially if you have skills that are in demand and meet the requirements!
Contact Go Study Australia for a FREE consultation about different course options and student visas in Sydney. Our team will be delighted to help you find the most suitable option for your needs!
Our services are 100% free of charge. We can help and support you with trips, accommodation, and job search to make your Aussie experience easy and enjoyable. Also, we are proud to host multiple events including seminars, workshops, and get-togethers to allow you to live your life Down Under to the fullest!
Why study in Sydney?
It’s easy to think of convincing arguments why studying in Sydney is worthwhile. The most important ones are listed below:
- HIGH QUALITY – Australia’s largest city is a destination for excellent academic education due to its large number of private institutes, vocational and English colleges. Its education system enjoys a well-respected reputation all around the world.
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY – About 25 per cent of the residents are born overseas, and more than 1.3 million speak another language than English at home. This cultural diversity makes Sydney especially popular for international students.
- A MILLION THINGS TO DO – You will never run out of things to see and explore. Besides the iconic sights, there are countless beaches to attend, events to rock and fun things to check out. If you like being active and outdoors, enjoy international food and modern shopping hotspots, Sydney is your place to be.
- IT’S EASY TO FIND A JOB – If you want to earn some money while you’re studying, it won’t be tricky to find a side hustle that suits your schedule. You can check out platforms like Gumtree or Seek where thousands of vacancies are posted every day. After you graduate, you will have good work perspectives because of the high demand in the market.
Which options do you have?
The next step after your decision to study fitness is to find an educational institute that matches your needs. There are several options on how to get your fitness degree. Here is an overview of some options to look at.
If you aim for a higher level of education, the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) offers a Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) and a Bachelor of Dance Education. Sydney University lists a Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sports Science) where you will learn how to integrate exercise and physical activity with health, sports performance and disease prevention. A bachelor’s degree usually means three years of study and costs a lot of money.
If a lower qualification like a diploma sounds more interesting to you, there are many fitness courses available.
At TAFE Institute, you can study a diploma course in fitness, or various fitness certificate classes. Similar classes can also be attended at the Australian College of Sport and Fitness – which are a college that offers a wide range of courses at great prices – they even have a Yoga instructor’s course!
The average duration for a course is 12 months, but you can combine many courses for a student visa that lasts many years.
Feel free to reach out! We would be happy to discuss further options with you in one of our Australian offices or any other office in Europe or South America.