International students hailing from various corners of the world find Australia a very attractive country to settle in. The largely applauded Australian features that amount to such excitement among migrants worldwide are the stable and open economy, attractive career choices and compensation, highly rated infrastructure, multicultural society and rather unmissable landscapes. Australia offers an impressive life style that many international students aspire to achieve. Learn more about the student visa here! International students aiming to study, work and live in Australia post their studies should possess an Australia Student Visa to come and study in Australia. After 2 years of studies in Australian universities or a college offering higher education, an international student could apply for an Australian post study work visas under subclass 485. An Australian post study work visa may issued for varied time periods depending on your qualification. The Tourist visas and Working Holiday Visas allow the visitors to study in Australia for a short duration, but they don’t lead to residency and PR in Australia. The permanent residency pathway in Australia opens-up to the international students when they satisfy the eligibility criteria of being nominated by the employer or they can apply through general skilled migration program. If applying through General Skilled Migration, the applicant must get positively assessed for the skills by an authorised assessor and nominate the corresponding occupation from the occupations list on DIBP site. An important thing to note here is, your study area and your nominated occupation must match with each other and should be in the long term occupation list released by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Please note is the occupations list changes every year according to the needs of the economy and labour market.
So, how do you know which profession is highly in demand and is likely to remain on the long term occupations list? As a general rule, you should look for highly skilled job functions where there is a shortage of workers in Australia. This article contains a suggested list of courses you may wish to consider. We also suggest you contact a registered migration agent to assist you with your goals. Of course – Go Study Australia can assist with your enrolment to your course of choice.
HERE ARE FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COURSES THAT MAY LEAD TO PR OPPORTUNITIES:
- Meet the Australian Study Requirements: Generally, the criteria for is to study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years but this may vary depending on your course of study or level (vocational or higher ed).
- Must meet ANZCO Job Descriptions: If you google ‘anzco position descriptions’ you will see certain jobs have required fields of study at either higher education or vocational levels. To qualify for these jobs you must meet these educational requirements.
- Apply for a visa within 6 months: You should apply for PSWV or bridging visa within 6 months of completion of your studies.
- CRICOS approved study program: Your course of the study should be on the CRICOS list of courses. Consult your migration agent for further requirements. In addition to our top 10 list, there are many more courses that lead to occupations that feature in the Occupations List prepared by the department of immigration and border protection. Contact our expert counsellors at Go Study to know more about such courses. We guarantee the lowest prices on all courses.
THE COURSES THAT TOP THE LIST ARE:
- ICT ( INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY):
- HOSPITALITY AND COOKING COURSES:
- TRADES JOBS:
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- SOCIAL WORK: