The University of Melbourne has a rich and fascinating past dating back 160 years. Today, nearly 10,000 academic and professional staff support a vibrant student body of more than 54,000, including more than 20,000 international students from over 130 countries around the world.
Located in the state of Victoria on Australia’s south-east coast, you will live and study in Australia’s cultural capital.
The University of Melbourne aims to be one of the best universities in the world, contributing to society in ways that enrich and transform our lives.
Why the University of Melbourne?
- Australia’s leading university: #1 in Australia and #34 in the world.
- International Community: 40% international students from 150 nationalities
- Proven career outcomes: University of Melbourne is recognised for graduate employability with unparalleled industry-integrated learning and networking opportunities to set you up for success
- Scholarships: Melbourne has one of the most generous scholarship programs in Australia
- Pathways: The University of Melbourne offers a range of guaranteed study opportunities to all current University of Melbourne students
More about University of Melbourne
“For over 160 years we’ve made distinctive contributions to society and attracted the best and brightest students and researchers”
The University of Melbourne’s curriculum is focused on the future, resulting in graduates who are among the best employers in the world. Explore your passions while being challenged, supported and inspired to solve tomorrow’s problems.
Academic staff are your lecturers, tutors and mentors, guiding you through your studies and preparing you for your career. Our academics, who are industry and research leaders, include experts from society, government and business, as well as Nobel Laureates and Rhodes Scholars.
Scholarship at the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne has one of the most generous international scholarship programs in Australia.